Our Direct Cient is actively deploying large-scale Fiber-to-the-Business (FTTB) projects in the San Francisco market. These Dark Fiber-based networks are deployed over both existing fiber plant as well as extensive new Outside Plant (OSP) network construction. The networks deliver high-speed Ethernet services to cell towers in support of wireless carrier’s aggressive growth requirements. This is NOT a short-term project assignment. Rather, it is a long term (contract to hire) key position that will ultimately be a springboard for future leadership opportunities across our client’s engineering and deployment teams.
The FTTB PM is responsible for the overall successful implementation and delivery of these FTTB projects. The FTTB PM orchestrates a virtual team of project managers, construction managers, engineers and service delivery coordinators too successfully and proactively:
• Resolve the network design – While the FTTB PM is not a technical guru, they lead the project team through the design process and assure a vetted, executable, documented network design is achieved and maintained.
• Validate and manage customer requirements and expectations – Upon project kickoff, work with the service delivery coordinator to ensure and maintain alignment with the customer regarding schedule, technical requirements, build responsibilities and handoffs.
• Develop and manage the project schedule and budget – Leveraging our client tools, build and validate the project schedule and budget. Diligently maintain and reporting on the project schedules and budgets over the life of the project through to full project closeout.
• Aggressively manage execution – Manage against the schedule and budget baselines to drive progress, identify and mitigate risks and achieve measurable results. Ensure all team members are in alignment with goals, are accountable for their results and are effectively contributing to the team’s success. Diligently identify, track, follow up and resolve on all issues and actions encountered by Our client and the customer
• Develop and implement project processes, reporting and metrics that record progress, ensure quality, reinforce ownership and accountability, demonstrate trends, identify bottlenecks and achieve results. Adapt current reporting to the specific needs of the project or develop new reporting if required. The FTTB PM inherently knows what is not measured cannot be managed.
• Transparently report project progress – Clearly chart and report project progress, good or bad. Use key indicators to undercover unhealthy trends or issues before they become project impacting. Proactively raise issues (schedule, budget, technical, quality, customer experience, contractual, etc.) along with mitigation recommendations to leadership. Maintain constant customer communications on key events and schedule movers.
• Demonstrated successful overall project management responsibility of large-scale network deployments, ideally related to OSP and/or wireless networks.
• Proven ability to develop project schedules and budgets, maintain forecasts and report variances.
• Process- and metrics-based management style. Exceptional report development, implementation and analysis skills. Ability to adapt existing reporting or develop new to match the unique and changing needs of each project while working within Our client reporting standards. Extreme attention to detail and an inherent need to understand. Must be strong in Excel (formulas, macros, pivots), Access or similar. Working knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
• Proven ability to manage a virtual team across various functional and geographic regions so as to drive engagement, maintain goal alignment, achieve results and make the project a rewarding experience for the team. Must be able to provide direction to multiple functions to ensure project timelines and contractual commitments are met.
• Basic understanding of fiber-based carrier network design, preferably in transport (SONET or DWDM) and/or Layer 2 Ethernet. Experience with metro Ethernet network design a plus. Experience with circuit design and/or equipment installation, test and turn up a plus. Experience with ISP construction (space/power/building riser) a plus.
• Ability to act as a key customer point of contact. Includes preparing and leading customers through regular status updates, managing expectations and addressing customer-facing issues.
• Contract/construction management experience including RFP preparation, budgeting and control estimates, bid review and award, change order management, materials management and project closeout.
• Basic understanding of OSP construction management is a plus (with a preference towards deep experience) to include an understanding of:
o OSP construction methodologies
o OSP construction bid and award process
o OSP route feasibility and design development
o OSP engineering, permitting, make ready and construction processes
o OSP metrics and measures
o Working knowledge of GIS-based tools such as MapInfo, ArcView or Google Earth
o Third party conduit and fiber negotiation and purchase
• Familiarity with wireless deployments a plus including site acquisition, basic cell site layout and wireless site civil construction.
• Passionate, business-minded leader
• Motivated team leader with strong work ethic and high standards for work quality
• Strong management and interpersonal skills
• Experience with telecom network deployment project management databases and tracking systems
• Excellent internal and external team building skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including metrics, reporting and dashboards
• 4-8 years project management experience preferred
• High level of telecommunication products and services knowledge preferred
• Flexible work hours and some travel
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to pass a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT), business process and health care consulting and staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Developers, Quality Assurance and Testing, Software Configuration Management, etc.)
• All major Enterprise Resource Planning packages (including Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Microsoft, Lawson)
• Health care consulting resources and services (including ICD-10)
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by CRN magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing IT solution providers and by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Based in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix,